Role Summary: Oversees Prefab and Warehouse operations. Develops new offers and works with project personnel to improve the manufacturing and assembly of electrical parts for delivery to the job sites. Plans, schedules, and coordinates work activities of staff to meet schedules, deadlines, and priorities.
Principal Duties Include:
- Perform, initiate and oversee all products and services, including catalog and custom design and layout
- Identify potential products, ways or means which can be produced by staff to meet needs of field staff and customers; ensuring code compliance.
- Identify the most efficient means for production steps.
- Oversee all products and services, including catalog and custom design and layout
- Initiate and maintain all UL classifications
- Provide cost savings analysis through the use of the speculative process and the assembly spreadsheet to assist the Estimating Department with project bids.
- Evaluate installation in the field to maintain that the prefab assemblies are valuable
- Receive and process prefab orders and evaluate requests to determine materials needed
- Plan, schedule and prioritize work, ensuring timelines and deadlines for work production and deliveries are met.
- Responsible for quality control of the products and services produced.
- Communicate with Foremen and managers on a regular basis and keep them informed of progress.
- Update internal reports including job schedules, job reports, timecards.
- Manage facilities requests and requests for minor building maintenance and prefab tool maintenance.
- Stay informed of current trends in warehouse operations in order to recommend solutions for improved efficiency.
- Coordinate training and monitoring of the Toolwatch system to ensure all tools are scanned in within a 90-day period.
- Manage warehouse costs to provide support to the company in the most efficient means possible.
- Coordinate vendor obligations for transporting of Prefab and tools to the job sites.
- Open and close shop maintaining all housekeeping duties
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork among staff
- Local travel and/or use of company vehicles may be required.
- Attend all pre-con meetings to ensure the foremen know what products were used in the bid and what additional products and services are available.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and operating with a level of safety that is at or above the industry average.
- Manage all costs and internal/external sales
- Develop new standards of practices and procedures
- Provide insight/narrative for the performance meeting
- Produce, design and assist with sales to the Jenco field, Jenco executive team, external vendors, and new/existing clients
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical components.
- Working experience MS Office in a Windows environment including Excel, Access and Word; and MS Outlook for email.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is helpful
- Knowledge of local building/electrical codes
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of production lines and set up
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service/relationship skills
- Valid driver’s license required
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Ability to work independently; sound judgment, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Be an ambitious innovative and learning individual
- Minimum 10 years electrical/mechanical experience with experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment helpful.
- Apprentice Program Completion and/or Code Classes
- Associates Degree
Please apply by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Offsite Manufacturing Manager” in the subject line.
We do not accept applications at our office. They must be submitted electronically. No phone calls please. Applications and interviews are by appointment only.